BongaModels: Frequently Asked Questions
If you are going to make money in the free chat by giving a show, it is best to attract as many users as you can and then ask them to tip you. Since the free chat is free for members, you will make money only when they tip you. Tips usually depend on the show a model gives. Teasing a little also helps. Besides the free chat, you can also use the private and group chat options.See the preview
The user with tokens can click the Private Chat button in the model’s chat room to invite the model for a private chat. It is up to the model whether to accept or decline the invitation. If the model accepts the invitation, a private chat between the model and the user begins.
Private chats cost 30 tokens per minute. This means that if the user spends 10 minutes in your private chat, you will make 10 minutes * 30 tokens = 300 tokens. The private chat closes automatically if the user runs out of tokens. The model or the user may also decide to end the show any time. The model can also disable private shows in her chat room by removing the tick from the Allow Private Chats box.See the preview
The user can also opt for a full private chat, which is very similar to the regular private chat except for the fact that it cannot be spied on in Voyeur/Spy mode. By switching to a full private chat, the user can be sure they are the only ones enjoying the show.
Full private chat costs 45 tokens per minute. This means that if the user spends 10 minutes in a full private chat with you, you will make 10 minutes * 45 tokens = 450 tokens. Full private chat closes automatically if the user runs out of tokens or if the model or the user decides to end the show at any given time.See the preview
When you are engaged in a private chat with the user, other users have an opportunity to spy on your chat at a lower price rate, i.e., 7 tokens per minute. They cannot chat with you and can only watch.
The user can click the Group Chat button above the live cam window to get in. As soon as there are three users (the number of users required can be changed in the model’s group chat settings), the model is invited to a group chat. If the model agrees, the group chat begins. The group chat is over when the last user leaves, runs out of credits, or the model decides to leave. The model can also start a group chat manually even if there is only one user: an infinite number of users can join later.
A group chat costs members 15 tokens per minute. It is a very low rate, so group shows are very popular with many users who are ready to tip the models. The model can disable the group chat option in her room by removing the tick from the Allow Group Chats box.See the preview
- Sign Up
To register, please click the Model Registration button. Please fill out the fields in the registration window and confirm that you are over 18 years old.
Once you fill out all the fields and confirm that you are older than 18, please click the Create an Account button. You can now log in to access your account.
Once you access your account, you will be asked to complete seven registration steps. Your account will then need to be approved by the website administration.
- Profile Information
Some of the information provided here will be visible to other users. Your contact information will be kept private and will only be seen to the website administrator. Your date of birth will not be displayed; however, it has to be correct. Please treat this matter with all due seriousness and take your time to provide complete information about yourself as it will be available to the interested users (except for the contact information).
- Upload Photo
You can upload your profile picture here. Remember, this is the first thing a user entering the website will see, so we suggest you choose a proper photo.
Upon reading the agreement, please enter your full name and date of birth, accepting the agreement terms at the bottom.
- Photo ID
Please upload official documents, scanned or photographed, here.
ID – please upload a scan or a photo of your document with a photo ID clearly showing your photo, date of birth, and signature.
Expiry date – please choose the correct expiration date of your document.
- Take a Snapshot of Your Face
Please take a snapshot of your face with your webcam or upload a snapshot of your face manually by clicking the corresponding button.
- Take a Snapshot of Your Face and ID
Please take a high-quality snapshot of yourself holding your ID near your face or upload a snapshot of yourself holding your ID near your face manually by clicking the corresponding button.
- Easy Account Payment Information
Please choose your payout method and enter correct payment information.
Now you just need to wait for the administration to activate your account.
- Start Webcam. To start your webcam, please click START FREE CHAT, choose the correct broadcast settings, and then click START BROADCAST. Stop Webcam. To stop your webcam, please click STOP YOUR WEBCAM, and your status will be shown in red.
- Change. You can set a name for your chat if you like.
- Chat. By clicking this button, the chat topic will be copied to the chat.
- TAKE A BREAK allows taking a break. You can press it if you need to be away for some time.
- GO BACK ONLINE takes you back online from your break.
- Mute Microphone allows muting your microphone.
- SET PRIVATE CHAT allows entering a private chat. Please use it if you have a private show scheduled with another website or if you wish to work in a private chat. Interested users will have to pay money to view the chat, and other users can spy on you in Voyeur/Spy mode. Please note that private chats are only available if the user has sent you an invitation first.
- Options. You can change the settings for your chat here by either allowing or disabling free, private, and group chats as well as private messages from members. You can also change the broadcast settings here.
- Banned people. Shows a list of members banned from your chat. You can also unban users here.
- Tokens Earned. Shows the amount of tips and tokens earned in private, full private, group, and voyeur chats, as well as the total amount of tokens earned.
- Private Message. To start a private chat with a user, right-click their name on the People list on the right and select PRIVATE MESSAGE. Alternatively, you can double left-click the user’s name. The private chat will appear in a separate window.
- View Profile. Click this button to see the user’s full profile containing information about the user.
- Kick User. To kick a user out of your chat, right-click their name on the People list on the right and select KICK USER. When the user is kicked out, they will see a blank screen instead of a live video and a notification saying that they have been kicked out of the chat room. However, the user can return to the chat without any limitations.
- Ban User. You can also ban users that keep disturbing you or behave inappropriately. After the user has been banned, they will receive a notification saying that they have been banned and will not be able to enter your chat until the ban has been lifted.
- Mute User. To mute user’s messages in your chat, right-click their name on the People list on the right and select MUTE USER. After the user has been muted, they can continue writing messages in the chat, but the messages will not be seen by anyone.
- Ignore User. To ignore the user’s messages in your chat, right-click their name on the People list on the right and select IGNORE USER. After adding a user to the ignore list, the user can continue writing to the chat, and everyone, except for the model, will still see the messages. To cancel this action, click STOP IGNORING.
- Add to friends. To add the user or the model as a friend, please right-click their name on the People list on the right and select ADD TO FRIENDS.
- User Details. To view user information, right-click their name on the People list on the right. You will see the location, status, registration date, and the account balance of the user. To view the user’s full profile, please click VIEW PROFILE.
- View cam. To view the user’s webcam, choose the View Cam option.
1. My Notifications
- 1.1. Alerts. Here, you can find BongaCams alerts to notify you of important updates and news.
- 1.2. Messages. Your messages exchanged with other BongaCams models and members.
- 1.3. Top 10 of the Week/Top 100 of the Week. Shows weekly ratings of the most popular models.
- 1.4. Top Chatroom Contest. Shows hourly ratings of the most popular chatrooms.
- 1.5. Balance. You can view your earnings (referrals, tips, and bonuses) on this menu tab.
2. My Profile
- 2.1. Profile Information. You can update your personal information on this menu tab.
- 2.2. Profile Settings. You can update your profile settings here.
- 2.3. Manage Profile. You can customise your profile here.
- 2.4. My Wish List. You can add your wishes with pictures here.
- 2.5. My Photos. On this page, you can add new photos and view the ones you already have.
- 2.6. My Videos. You can upload videos you appear in and manage your video gallery here.
- 2.7. My Schedule. You can change your working schedule here.
- 2.8. View Profile. By clicking this link, your profile page will appear in a new window.
3. My Account
- 3.1. Account Information. 100% confidential information that will under no circumstances be shared with other users. Please provide true information about yourself.
- 3.2. Agreement. Freelancer agreement with the model.
- 3.3. Notification Settings. Select the types of notifications you would like to receive in your e-mail.
- 3.4. Privacy Settings. You can select cities and countries that will be unable to receive your broadcasts.
- 3.5. Change password. Change your old password.
4. My Messages
- 4.1. Message center. Your messages exchanged with other BongaCams models and members.
5. My Friends
- 5.1. Friends. A list showing your friends.
6. Nano Plugin
- 6.1. Download. Here you can download Nano Plugin to optimise your video stream.
- 7.1. Payment History. You can find your payout history here.
- 7.2. Referral Payment History. This page displays the history of your referral payments.
- 8.1. General Stats. Your earnings report for the selected date range and referral links.
- 8.2. Referral Stats. Your referral earnings report for the selected date range and referral links.
- 8.3. Top Spenders. A list of members who spent their money on you.
9. Promotional Tools
- 9.1. For Members. Banners to promote our website to Internet users with your referral link.
- 9.2. For Models. Banners to promote our website to potential models with your referral link.
10. Help Centre
- 10.1. 24/7 Support. You can find our support team contact information here.
You can make money both in the free and private chat. Below, we will share some tips on how you can earn money on our website:
- 1. We recommend using the status bar to inform users that, for example, a show in your free chat costs 500 tokens or that a dance goes for 100 tokens. This will allow to avoid unnecessary questions and will facilitate your work.
- 2. Talk to your guests in English! It is always appreciated and is truly worth it – a decent level of English in the chat will get you more tips and private chat requests as well as will help you find new regular customers.
- 3. Smile and be in a good mood in front of the camera. If a visitor sees a girl who is bored, angry, or in a bad mood, they will move to another chat room with a more positive environment.
- 4. Tell your customers when you are coming back when you leave.
- 5. Turn the microphone on. This saves you from having to write a lot in the chat, and voice has always been more attractive than printed text. Speak to the members, and you will see how the number of tips grows.
- 6. Use the nicknames of your guests. If they tell you their real names, use them! Using proper names always draws people to you.
- 7. It is important not to give your full attention to just one member in the chat room. This may seem rude, but you need to immediately identify the chat room guests who are able to pay for a private chat or give tips, and primarily talk to them.
- 8. When a member gives you tips or takes you to a private chat, make sure to add him to your friend list.
- 9. Bright make-up looks very good on camera - so it is recommended to put on brighter, more expressive make-up than the one you use in everyday life.
- 10. Members come to webcam sites to have fun! Perform small shows, tease your guests, dress sexy, and tips will rain down on you!
- 11. Keep toys, accessories, and other items necessary for your work at hand. Do not turn the camera off, or worse, do not leave the bed empty looking for your toys.
- 12. If you are asked whether you have a husband or a boyfriend, the best answer is no and that you are actively looking for one. This will create intrigue, a little secret that you share with your guests.
- 13. Tips. The private chat is great, but the most modern way to earn money is through tips. Top models make 80-90% of their earnings on them. There is a stereotype that doing shows in free chats is a waste of money and time, but this is not entirely true. Imagine you say to your guests that you will show your breasts for a hundred dollars. It can be (and probably is) too expensive for one person. But if ten members chip in $10.00 each, none of them will end up spending too much, whereas you get a lot of money for just a minute! Regularly teasing your guests and collecting tips can help you earn good money without having to wait for private show requests!
- 14. If you are new to the webcam business, do not be discouraged if in the first few weeks your income is small. Most of your earnings will come from the regular members who come to see you and your shows.
- 15. Work in front of the camera to have fun and make new friends - enjoy it! Do not work with the only goal of making a lot of money, and the money will find you.
Users can tip you. Some users leave tips after the show to thank you, others tip to get your attention. Remember that tips are a gift and they do not oblige you in any way. However, if a user leaves a tip, it is common courtesy to show your gratitude.See the preview
Make it to the website’s top 100 models of the week and win a prize! We run our promotion «Top 100 of the Week» every 7 days, and the prize pool is $5,000.00!
TOP 100 of the Week Prizes
- 1. 1000 US dollars;
- 2. 500 US dollars;
- 3. 300 US dollars;
- 4-15. 100 US dollars;
- 16-30. 50 US dollars;
- 31-50. 25 US dollars;
- 51-100. 15 US dollars.
Male and transsexual models also participate in the «Top 10 of the Week» contest where prizes are given to TOP 10 models.
Male and transsexual TOP 10 of the Week Prizes
- 1. 200 US dollars;
- 2. 100 US dollars;
- 3. 50 US dollars;
- 4.-10. 25 US dollars.
Models can be fined for
- Giving out and/or asking for personal information;
- Direct personal contact with the members;
- Placing other people not registered as models in the camera area;
- Engaging in other activities (fetishes) prohibited by the Terms and Conditions for Models;
- Engaging in any activity involving drugs, children, and/or animals.
The rates for all types of chat rooms are as follows
- Group Chat: 15 tokens / minute
- Private Chat: 30 tokens / minute
- Full private chat: 45 tokens / minute
- Voyeur/SPY Chat: 7 tokens / minute
No, broadcasting a pre-recorded video instead of a live webcam performance is prohibited.
The Nanocosmos Live Video Encoder is a plugin (for Windows) which will significantly improve your streaming quality. We suggest installing the plugin in order to enjoy the following benefits:
- Highest video quality;
- Perfect audio quality;
- Minimal use of Internet data transfer rate;
- Very low consumption of your computer resources;
- A chance to increase your income, on the average, up to 70%.
You can find the detailed information on how to install Nano Plugin here.
You can find the detailed information on how to install BongaCams Desktop App here.
First of all, check if your webcam is connected and your camera is installed correctly. Also, make sure you have the latest Flash player version installed on your computer. If you cannot get the video to work by yourself, please contact our support team for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need either a separate microphone or an integrated microphone to provide audio feed. Most modern webcams and laptops have integrated microphones, but if yours does not, you can buy a microphone for a few dollars and then just plug it in the microphone connector of your computer’s audio device. If you have everything installed correctly and still cannot get your audio feed to work, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
If you notice that your video feed is slow, please take the following steps
- Make sure all the other applications using your bandwidth (such as Skype, YouTube, etc.) are turned off;
- Download and install Nano Plugin, if you still have not;
- Test your Internet speed at http://www.speedtest.net/ and if your download speed is less than 2Mb/s and/or upload speed is, less than 1Mb/s, consider contacting your ISP for available upgrade to your Internet connection upgrades;
- Use a wired Internet connection instead of a wireless one if such an option is available;
- Download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, if you still have not;
- Uninstall any unnecessary browser add-ons and toolbars;
- Restart your computer.
CamScore is an automatic score that is calculated for all BongaCams models based on their performance on the site. Your CamScore affects your position on the model list. The higher your CamScore, the closer you will be to the top of the sort order. A low Camscore, on the other hand, will put you on the last pages of the site, where you are less visible to members. It pays to keep your CamScore high as this leads to more exposure of your chat room and makes it easier for members to spot you among many models online.
Why do we use it?
Hundreds of online models need to be presented in some sort of order in the long model list on our site. The point of CamScore is to reward the best, most active models with the best position on our site. This default sort order lists highest earning models at the top of the page and least successful models, at the bottom.
Such a default sort order is much better than, for example, listing all models randomly or alphabetically. This way, no-one gets an unfair advantage as the best position on our site will be assigned only to the hardest working models.
The score is calculated based on many factors, the most important being the model’s token earnings on the site and the amount of time spent online. The more time you spend working and the more money you make, the better your CamScore will be.
Also, good Internet connection is a must. A model with a poor Internet connection will never be listed at the top of our models list no matter how much tokens she earns or how much time she spends online.
The score is updated automatically ca. every 10 minutes.
Here is what you can do to improve your CamScore
Earn as Much as Possible
The best way to increase your score is to earn more tokens (through tips, private, group, full private, and voyeur chats, gifts, etc.).
Spend a lot Lot of time Time Online
You will get extra points for going online every single day. However, being away for longer than two days will result in your CamScore gradually decreasing
Also, keep in mind that models are listed on our site only when they are online. You can get at the top of the model list simply because most of other models are offline.
Make sure your Internet connection is reliable and fast enough to support the broadcast
As mentioned above, models with poor Internet connection will never be listed at the top of our models list no matter how much tokens they earn or how much time they spend online.
You get points for every model and paying member you introduce to our site. Models also get CamScore points for every single member who signs-up or buys tokens from their chat rooms.
New models are given a CamScore that comes close to the average CamScore on the site. This initial CamScore will be based on both your appearance and the quality of your Internet connection. Models may improve their CamScore by earning more tokens or decrease it by being inactive. Either way, this score will change quickly based on a model’s actual performance on the site.
The average CamScore is ca. 1,517.
In case of any issues or questions, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide to Becoming the Best Model Online
There have been recent changes to appearance requirements for models. As usually happens with changes, there are some that may appear to be minor when taken on the surface. However, the cumulative effect of these changes when taken in sum can add increased profitability and exposure to you as a model.
When you are communicating as a model, communication itself can come in many different forms. However the most important always has been and always will be audio. Everyone, no matter who they are, appreciate audible communication. It is that personal touch that makes the experience more realistic and valuable for the members.
When addressing the camera be sure to remain engaged and not distracted. Looking away from the camera can cause you to appear disengaged. This disengagement comes across to the members as a poor experience and we want to avoid that at all costs.
Also, the value of a positive and energetic attitude cannot be overstated. The experience for our members will increase dramatically if the performers maintain a level of energy throughout. The availability and occurrences of private sessions increase almost in direct correlation for those performers who maintain a certain level of excitement and engagement with the members. Never forget that smiling is key!
Capturing crisp images in the proper format (aspect and lighting) is essential. The use of proper equipment is key here as well. There are a couple of ways to do this, please refer to the Model Account or our Support team for setting recommendations available to performers.
The benefits that come with using high definition cameras are almost too many to list. Members will be more involved in the moment if the camera and image quality they are experiencing are both HD. This quality equipment will pay dividends to you as well by having more repeat sessions. HD camera usage is a surefire way to drive more traffic to you, as the experience for the end user is significantly increased.
Downloading Nano Plugin will increase the streaming performance as well. There can also be additional downloads available in the Model Account, which should be checked out and investigated regularly.
Getting dressed for the part is also critical. Top-level performers work to create the type of atmosphere for the members that they are actively seeking. Give them what they want and engage your members. Give them the environment they want and enjoy!
When on camera or video the very first thing that anyone will notice is the color of the clothing you are wearing. It is part of the environment and setting.
Remember, that if you wear a proper color you can achieve multiple ‘looks and feels’. As an example darker tones and clothes can be slimming. Horizontal stripes and clothing are also very good on camera (despite what you may have heard)!
You are given the freedom to express your style – please use it! Create and be yourself, members will appreciate the realistic nature as it comes through.
Men must remember that black looks like a shadow and can remove the energy and life from you via the camera. This is even more true when you have dark toned skin already.
Men, the same as women, should maintain a personal touch and be creative in their clothing. They must also strive to create unique environment for the members.
Camera work tends to mute the appearance of make-up. As a result, it is recommended to use darker and prominent shades. The added benefit of this is that dark shades can also hide flaws that the camera might otherwise pickup.
Models regularly use facial touchups and effects to maintain appearance goals. Body and tone, when highlighted by proper make-up usage, can achieve all sorts of fantastic results. You can be anything you want to be - thinner, more toned, or muscular, to appear more sun-kissed, and ultimately, more confident. There is no difference here. Again, be creative. Performers most strive to use everything at their disposal to achieve the desired outcome. This goes for the eyes, lips and anything else on your face!
As a general reminder everything is seen by the camera. Although they get less attention than the face, you should also pay close attention to nail. Regular care and maintenance of your nails is not only a healthy routine to get into, it will also ensure you have a better camera appearance. Nail care can be simple and doesn’t have to be expensive.
Your pose (and the ability to maintain as well as change it) is essential to a successful experience for the member. Body language is used to express a variety of emotions. Power, status, and confidence are nonverbally displayed through the use of height and space in the shot. Remember this when setting your camera and environment.
Finally, remember that when on camera, adjusting your posture as you move around will create different emotions and impressions for the member.
Hair styles cannot be overstated. The necessity to maintain attractive and intriguing hair styles must always be a part of your maintenance preparation efforts.
Maintain a hairstyle that you can and should use to accentuate your clothes and other features. Be creative!
Do your styling the way you feel comfortable. Be seductive and be yourself!
The simpler your style the easier it may be to make a connection as a real person with the members. Be yourself as at all times and let your beauty shine through.
Don’t be afraid to accessorize and add to your outfits. This creates a more enticing atmosphere for our members.
It is also vitally important for men to make a good impression with their hair as well. Make sure your style is clean and presentable.
There are many great tips for successful background usage. It all starts at the beginning however. The fastest, easiest way to get a dramatic background is to keep it simple. Setup is key. Members will notice when backgrounds aren’t proper or don’t fit the model’s style. Don’t overcomplicate backgrounds; you will regret it later on!
Finally with background remember that a model’s skin tone, hair color, clothing, eye color, etc. will play a factor in choosing the right backdrop color.
The more you decorate the background the more enticing it will be. Use different accessories for your background to be more appealing to our members.
Don’t just vary your background – remember that you can also utilize different camera angles and positions as well. For example instead of shooting everything from eye level and with the camera horizontal, try shooting with it pointing higher or lower. Crouch down, place the camera above your head, adjust the background and positioning in the room, etc.
If your camera has a swiveling screen you can use that to monitor the video feed even while the camera is in unusual positions. Don’t be afraid to utilize a remote control. It can be an incredibly useful tool to start and stop shooting when your camera is out of reach.
Do not make the mistake of thinking, however, that cameras are everything. The basics must also be taken into account. Clean and maintain your lenses and accessories. These can make or break your show!
You should also shoot from different positions around the room beforehand to achieve the right lighting conditions. Don’t just shoot from directly in front or from the side – be sure to experiment and try different things.
After audio, great lighting is the most important way to make videos stand out. Lighting is going to occur regardless of prep; it is just a matter of whether it will be good or bad. But it won’t look anywhere near as good as if you take the time to light it right.
When using webcams be sure to avoid shooting in rooms that are much too bright for the environment. Too much lighting can wash out the model. Strong lighting can be tricky to manage so be sure to pay close attention to the set up and delivery of your lighting source. Using different lighting can also aid in casting fewer shadows.
To put it most simply, everything in shooting is all about lighting! The quickest and most effective way to overcome lighting issues is to prepare properly. Spend the time investing in testing and running different scenarios in the room/environment. This is time well spent.
Below are a few examples for you to consider:
Notice the differences in brightness and color – these are essential.
Lighting and bulbs must be used in conjunction with one another. You cannot get one right and the other wrong – be sure to test.
The only way to take your videos to the next level and make them a top notch experience for the member is to spend the time learning how to light properly. As a model you have a responsibility to the member to learn and get better at your craft.
Experiment and find the proper mood for your room. The more you experiment the more you will improve and get better for your members.
- How often do I get paid?
Our payment period is seven days (from Monday to Sunday), with payments made every Friday for the previous week's earnings.
Minimum payment amount is $50 for models and $100 for studios.
If you do not reach the minimum payout threshold your payment will be put on hold until you earn the required minimum.
- Payment Methods
For your convenience, we offer a variety of payment methods. Feel free to choose the one that suits your needs best. The following payment methods are available for both international and US models:
- Payoneer (no fees);
- Paxum (no fees);
- WebMoney (3% fee);
- Wire Transfer – $535 minimum payout (incl. $35 fee).
- Additional Payment Methods for Payouts in the USA
In addition to the above-mentioned payment methods, the US models and studios can also get paid by:
- Check (no fees);
- Direct Deposit (no fees).